Have we told you lately how thankful we are to have a church family who loves college students? It’s so evident by the way you support our students through hospitality, encouragement, friendly hugs and meaningful conversations (and the amount of food that shows up for Big Free Lunch each month…ha!). From Sunday School teachers, to Wednesday night leaders and “adopt-a-collegestudent” adopters, you make our college students feel welcomed and part of our “Cook” family!
As this school year winds down, and we begin to focus on graduation, summer and even look ahead to next fall, Amanda and I are full of excitement! We’ve had a large group of freshmen get involved with our college ministry and along with a great group of high school seniors moving up, we’re preparing for our best college ministry year yet! If you’d like to get involved with our college ministry, we could sure use some more people to come love and serve our students! From teachers, encouragers, disciplers, adopters, and huggers….we can definitely use you!
Here’s a few college events that will be happening soon….we’d love for you to get plugged in:
- March 30 – April 2 – Res Week activities on Tech’s campus, ending with a Lecrae concert on Thursday
- April 5 - Easter
- April 12 – Big Free Lunch (Adult 2 & Agape hosting)
- April 26 – College-led evening worship service
- May 3 – College graduate recognition service & Churchwide Potluck
- June 1 - 5 – Vacation Bible School at Cook
- June 6 – 13 – Anchorage, Alaska Mission Trip
We love y’all! If you have any suggestions on how we could do college ministry better, please let us know.
“May the Lord bless you and keep you….”
Chris, Amanda, Makaylan, and Hannah