Hello Cook Family!! We hope you are doing well today, as you peruse through this month's Baptist Message. Let me start off by thanking all the Connect group classes who have helped us over the past two months with all our "Welcome Week" activities, as well as Big Free Lunch, BCM Church Road Trip, BCM "Soul Food" and Freshmen Fridays. Students are craving authentic relationships and want older people who will invest in their lives....may these relationships bring both sides closer to the Lord through encouragement, love, and accountability!
Are you looking for ways to get involved with the college ministry here at Cook? Let me give me a few ministry opportunities that are coming up!
- On Sunday, October 26, some of our college students will be leading the 6pm worship service at Cook! We hope you'll come see & hear what the Lord's been doing in the lives of our college students.
- Wanna help make pancakes? During finals week at La Tech, Sunday, November 9, we'll have a free pancake supper for any students who need a break from studying to come get a little food and love from our Cook family! Let me know if you have time from 7pm – 8:30pm (after evening worship service) to help make and/or serve pancakes!
- Also, on Sunday, November 9, Adult 3 will be hosting our next Big Free Lunch, which is always immediately following our morning worship service!
- This year, during Tech's Fall Quarter/Thanksgiving break, many of our students (as well as Chris & Amanda) will be traveling with the BCM to New York City to participate in "Mission NYC", a week of ministry and service in the "Big Apple." Please be praying for safe travel and as well as opportunities to share the gospel as we serve among the people of NYC, and partner with the Metropolitan New York Baptist Association (www.mnyba.org). Dates are November 14 – 22.
- If you're on Facebook or Twitter, then "like us" or "follow us" @CookonCampus to keep up with the latest news and updates from our ministry. Help us spread the word when events are happening!
Thanks for being a church family who loves college kids! My prayer is that every student who enters our doors will have someone who knows their name and has given them a hug by the time they leave! I challenge you to learn the name of one new college student this coming Sunday!
Love y'all! Numbers 6:24-26 - "May the Lord bless you and keep you...."
Chris, Amanda, Makaylan, & Hannah Walker