Vacation Bible School (VBS) is just around the corner...June 27—July 1!! There is no greater opportunity we have during the year to reach boys and girls with the gospel of Jesus Christ than through VBS. I encourage each of you to prayerfully consider being involved in some way this year. There are opportunities not only to teach but also to prepare decorations, prepare and serve refreshments, provide childcare for workers’ children, etc. Please see Rebecca Welch and let her know of your interest.
A Teacher Appreciation Luncheon has been scheduled on Sunday, June 12 for all who are involved in teaching our children, youth, and adults here at Cook. This is for teachers in all our program organizations. It will be served in the gym immediately following the morning service. Please let the office know by Wednesday, June 8 if you will be able to attend.
Prayer is vital is to the health of Cook Baptist Church. I so appreciate our Prayer Ministry Team who has reorganized the Prayer Room and led out in keeping our prayer ministry thriving. Recently, I received an email from Deby Hamm, who directed our prayer ministry when she and her husband Charlie were members here. The Hamms were recently in town visiting and attended one of our worship services. Deby expressed what a blessing it was to worship with us again and asked if it would be possible for her to share a word of encouragement regarding the prayer room ministry with our Cook family. I have included here comments below:
Why would you give one hour per week to pray in the prayer room?
- God is faithful to answer. God is able to answer. God wants to answer. Should we be faithful to pray? Should we trust Him to answer? Should we believe He will answer?
- It honors our Lord when we pray. We are showing Him honor when we go to Him and commune with Him in prayer.
- The blessings are beyond measure when we pray. We are blessed to know we are praying to our Heavenly Father. We are blessed to
know He is listening.
- We receive guidance from our King of Kings when we seek Him in prayer. He will show us His way that is better than our way.
- We will pray for many areas such as our church family, our church ministries, missions, missionaries,, our community, our country.
- There are individuals we will pray for that are going through difficult times. When we pray for them, God will help them. They will be
blessed, their family will be blessed.